You need Millennials to join. You need Gen X to spend more & get engaged. You need Boomers to stick around. How do you do this in today’s digital world when you can’t buy email lists, fax doesn’t work & direct mail is so expensive?
Emily Wilson, Client Success Manager at HighRoad Solution steps through key growth strategies and how associations are utilizing digital to grow their membership!
What is Digital Advertising
According to Wilson, digital advertising is the act of investing your marketing budget into digital channels, initiating effective marketing campaigns online. Some channels to invest your marketing dollars in are Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn, Google AdWords, Instagram, etc. In the digital world today, people are consuming digital content using smart phones, desktop, laptops, and more, opening a wide net for engagement opportunities. Consider the following when targeting your audience through your digital advertising efforts and let us know you are using digital to grow!
- Target people by who they follow, their demographic, language, interests, etc.
- Facebook Custom Audiences are an advanced feature that enable you to connect on Facebook with your existing contacts. Getting in front of your existing customers and app users on their favorite social network reinforces your brand, but also gives you the opportunity to increase lifetime customer value, order frequency, and loyalty.
- Increase tweet engagement and awareness through twitter cards, twitter ads, and promoted tweets
- Optimize your twitter bio to get new people interested in your brand
- Start conversations with people who engage with you and encourage discussion/retweets around your information and brand
- Target by professional demographics and interests, both paid and organic posts
- Consider groups that your members are involved in/interact with
- Matched audiences – relatively new feature that allows you to retarget people who have visited your site
- Consider relevant keywords and SEO strategies when setting up text and ad displays
- Be strategic in the time of day and type of device to get the most out of your spend
- Attract new traffic, new leads, by showing up where your audience is on the web, on what device they’re using, in the moment they’re using it
Digital Growth Recap
Marketing has always been about three things: location, location, location. And today, your target market is largely online. This is why investing your marketing dollars in digital advertising is so important for the growth of your organization and attracting new members. Through the optimization of digital advertising, your organization can convert website visitors, promote your organization’s resources, generate brand awareness, attract new leads, and identify successful campaigns for future investment. How is your organization investing in digital to grow? Connect with us and let us know your best digital advertising strategies!
*Information courtesy of the following sources